- 6 p.m.
- First Tuesday of every other month
- Main House, 150 Watkins Avenue
Agendas & Minutes
The current members of the Rail Committee are:
Greg Conlon Malcolm Dudley
Term: 6/2019 - 6/2021 Term: 6/2019 - 6/2021
VACANT Jim Janz
Term: 6/2019 - 6/2022 Term: 6/2019 - 6/2024
Paul Skeen Jones Alex Keh
Term: 6/2019 - 6/2023 Term: 6/2020 - 6/2023
Jack Ringham John Maulbetsch
Term: 6/2020 - 6/2024 Term: 6/2019 - 6/2022
Term: 6/2020 - 6/2021
City Council Liaisons:
Cary Wiest, Council Member
Michael Lempres, Council Member (Alternate)
Public Works has overall responsibility for the Rail Committee. The Atherton Rail Committee shall have the following powers and duties:
- Act in an advisory capacity to the City Council on all matters pertaining to High Speed Rail (HSR), the Rail Corridor, and Caltrain
- With the assistance of appropriate town staff, research and address specific impacts HSR and other rail infrastructure and services may have on the Rail Corridor and the town
- Perform active outreach and cooperative efforts with groups and organizations opposing HSR
- Rail Committee members are authorized to act as spokespersons to articulate and advocate the town’s Rail Related Policy Positions as they pertain to rail committee matters to legislatures, HSR and Caltrain board of directors, regional organizations, press, and other interested parties
Membership and Terms
Up to nine (9) members are appointed by and serve at the pleasure of the City Council. Members must be residents of the Town and generally serve four your terms. No compensation is awarded to members for their services.
The Committee shall annually select one of its members to act as a Chair and another to act as Vice Chair. The Public Works Department shall act as secretary to the Committee. One Member of the City Council (and an alternate) is appointed as a liaison to the Committee.
Additionally, by action City Council approved Exhibit A titled Rail Related Policy Positions (PDF) to the Rail Committees charter.